Brewing Topics > Brewing Discussion

Primetabs

(1/3) > >>

BeerSmith:
I was looking at Primetabs as an easy way to bottle a few bottles for competitions/friends without a lot of setup.

Anyone have good luck with them?  How many would you add to achieve a normal American (2.3-2.6 volume) carbonation level in a 12 oz bottle?

Thanks!
Brad

Guy_Fawkes:
Hi
I haven't tried prime tabs yet but was just looking through the more beer catalog use 3-5 per 12 oz bottle for lower carbonation use 3 tablets and for higher carbonation use 5 tablets.
I hope this is somewhat of a help, been thinking of trying them myself.  :)

BeerSmith:
Thanks!

I may give them a try on my next batch - I just need a few bottles for friends (the rest gets kegged).

Welcome too!

Brad

ttreml3:
I was looking into them as well, but my local supplier (I can't quite call it a LHBS, since its a liquor store with some supplies) only had those Coopers carbonation drops like on the back of BYO.  They worked pretty decent, and it took only one for a 12 ounce bottle...
Not quite what you were looking for, but another option.
T

BeerSmith:
Thanks!
 I'm really just looking for a quick way to bottle a few from each batch for competitions and gifts.

I use a keg all of the time and have a CP filler, but I don't usually want to go through all of the setup and cleaning associated with the CP filler just to fill a few bottles.

Thanks again!

Brad

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Sitemap 
Go to full version