• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

BJCP 2008 Style Guide and Equal Runnings Batch Sparge - BeerSmith Beta

BeerSmith

Staff member
Administrator
Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
All,
  I posted a "beta" version of BeerSmith including the new BJCP 2008 style guide here:
    http://www.beersmith.com/beersmith036.exe

This also includes a significant number of bug fixes, the Denmark beer style guide, the BJCP style 2008, and a NEW BATCH SPARGE option to allow equal runnings.

To use the new batch sparge option, you can select any of the updated batch sparge mash profiles, or open the mash profile you wish to edit and select the "Sparge Using Equal Size Batches" checkbox, but don't check the "Drain the mash tun before..." checkbox -- this will result in equal runnings for your batch sparge.

Please post here if you have any problems/issues.  If things go well I plan to make this build (build 036) the next official release.

Thanks,
Brad

Small non=performance issue

All BJCP styles should be grouped together in the Tools/Options  Beer Style Guide to Display, not split by non-BJCP styles

Fred

Thanks Fred!

I also forgot to give a big thanks to Fred Bonjour for entering the BJCP 2008 style guide himself (a massive effort) and also to Mr P. for providing the Danish beer style guide.

Cheers!
Brad

Another small one

Calandar Options
the label "Hide all recipes where I am not the brewer" is chopped off on the end.

Also
Options
Automatic Update
at the botto,m it say for a major update visit --
No link or location to visit is listed.

Fred

Back