• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Open a .bsm file in BS Mobile?

robillard

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I have a .bsm file that I downloaded.  I purchased and installed the iOS version of BeerSmith Mobile.  For the .bsm file, MobileSafari gives me the option to "Open In...", but surprisingly, BeerSmith Mobile is not available in the subsequent list of apps...

I tried to figure out how I might upload the file to BeerSmithRecipes.com, so it would show in my cloud recipes, but there doesn't seem to be a way to upload by file...

Any suggestions?

If the recipe came from BeerSmit.com recipes section, try using the "Store a Private Copy" rather than download.  This puts it in your cloud folder for use on mobile devices

Rick

It did not, unfortunately.  The recipe in question was uploaded to a thread on the forum as a .bsm file, and does not seem to exist in the BeerStoreRecipes listing.  (A similar one does, but it is AG, and I'm still novice enough that I need an extract-based recipe like the one in the .bsm file...)

I guess I'm kinda surprised that the BS Mobile app does not offer .bsm file import (via "Open In...").

Alternately, if there were some way through the web UI for BeerStoreRecipes to upload a .bsm file, that would work, but I'm damned if I can find any way to do that?

(Oh, and I forgot to say: thanks for the suggestion, though!)

Got it

Sounds like you have 2 options

1) Use the recipe from online and modify it, it's not hard with BS
2) Recreate the recipe from scratch.  Not hard and a great way to learn more about the software

Good luck
Rick

Back