• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Having problems setting up BeerSmith2.2 cloud

millerrl143

Apprentice
Reaction score
I have tried several times to set up the cloud.  I cannot use my same login, nor can I use my normal email address or it kicks it out.  I see no reason why either should cause an issue but they do.  If they are two different entities this should not be an issue.  I can understand the use of a different password but the login and email should not have to be different.  What is going on!!!  Getting a little frustrated!! :(

Not saying it doesn't work but did you have to create a complete new login, password and use a different email address just to get into the cloud??  Seems a little silly to me to have to do all three.

Are u using the same login and password as you do here?  I tried to do that and it would not let me into the cloud.  Seems that there is a completely different process to getting into the cloud from the program itself..  I know this is silly but never used the cloud before and I need to now.

The cloud is a separate website and login from here. I don't think it cares if you use the same email address as is used on this forum. It certainly lets you use the same user name.

Sir, I did prove that there must be a separate login name, and also that you must use a different email address to get logged into the Cloud.  See my attached screen shots on this.  There should be no link between the cloud and the brewing forum site so make things easier.  I was trying to be patient and felt I was doing something wrong but the screenshots show what I am talking about.  My login is millerrl143 on this forum but I had to use millerrl143M to even get started.  See the first screenshot for this detail.  This would shows that if I tried to use my normal forum login name the software recognized that name and wanted another login created.  When I changed that to millerrl143M I could get started.    Then the email issue with the same email as I use on the forum.  I had to eventually change that to my gmail account to get this login successful. 

Just trying to show there are some issues with the login procedure for the cloud versus the forum logins.      They should be able to be the same login and email addresses....  I love this software and I am willing to point out an error that should not be there.      I am just happy I am not in the cloud and upgraded to a gold member.  LOL  :) :) :) :)

Attachments

• BeerSmith2.2 cloud error.JPG
    BeerSmith2.2 cloud error.JPG
    93.1 KB · Views: 383
  • BeerSmith2.2 Cloud error with same email but different user name.JPG
    BeerSmith2.2 Cloud error with same email but different user name.JPG
    102.4 KB · Views: 344
I understand your issue and am a fellow user, trying to help.

If both your username and your email address were already in beersmithrecipes.com, then it seems you already registered. If password recovery ("Lost Password?" link under main page login) didn't work, then an email to beersmith [at] beersmith [dot] com may help.

Sir, I do have it working but with a modified login name and my gmail account instead of my usual [email protected]  email address.  I have always used millerrl143 and that email address on the BeerSmith forum site.  I was just puzzled when I tried to register for the cloud site and I could not use the same login and email address as the forum site.  Oh, well I have it working now so I can use it when I want.  Great software and a lot of very nice people visiting the forums too.  Learning more all the time and I am on my 46th batch since I have been brewing since 2009.  Take care and thanks again.

Back