• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

12g cooler as mash tun, how do i set up BSv2 for step mash?

musicalnuke

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I would like to use a stepped mashing process for a Belgian beer I'm brewing soon and tried to use that setting in BeerSmith v2, but all it has is raising temps as if i were using a kettle directly over heat. Is there a way to change the Mash Profile settings for a stepped Mash in a cooler? I assume that would include different volumes of water at different temps to reach the next resting stage.

My Equipment profile is set correctly for my equipment and batch sparging in a one step/batch sparge process works just fine.

You need to set up your mash profile for 'infusion' steps.  There should be a stock profile labeled 'double infusion' which you can use as a template and adjust for your preferred steps and temperature rests.

You can also use decoction. Remove a portion of the mash and boil it and return. Beersmith automatically calculates the amount to remove. In some cases, this can increase your efficiency.

Back