• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Beersmith not working after registration

M

mikelinz

Just registered BeerSmith. The priogram accepted the key and said it was now registered. When I either open an existing recipe or click on new recipe I get a dialog saying BeerSmith has encountered a problem and needs to close..........

For more information click here:

Error signature
Appname: BeerSmith.exe AppVer 1.4.0.1 Offsett: 0009a1bd

Everything else seems to be working fine.

rgds mike

Mike,
  I have not had a problem like this before.  I would suggest the following:

1. FIRST - make a complete copy of the directory C:\Program Files\BeerSmith  -- put it somewhere safe so you don't lose any data
  2. Try downloading the latest version from the web site and upgrading to that - hopefully this will resolve the problem
  3. If that fails, try deleting the BeerSmith directory (keep your backup though!) and reinstalling from scratch
      -- You will need to import your Recipes.bsm file into the program again from your backup

Also - if the latest version does not fix things, I would appreciate it if you could email a copy of your Recipes.bsm file to me so I can run a debugger against it.  If something is corrupt or bad in the file, I should be able to see it in the debugger.

Thanks,
Brad

Back