• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Moving customized ingredients from recipes to ingredient inventory

erikq

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hi, i'm brand new to Beersmith and I have been gifted several recipes from a friend. I'm able to access all the recipes, but am unsure how to select all customized ingredients from all recipes and move them to my inventory.  My apologies in advance if this has been asked before.

cheers!

Highlight the ingredient.

In the column under the glass, you'll see "Save Item." That'll save the ingredient to the correct database.

Be careful of having multiple entries with identical names, though. That interferes with the inventory function in BeerSmith.

Great. Thank you! Is it possible to move them all at once, or do I need to add them one at a time. I'm only asking because it's 200+ recipes worth of ingredients. 

Surely there are not all unique ingredients among all 200 recipes?

This opens a whole new avenue of possibilities. Are all of the recipes coming from someone with BeerSmith? If so, just ask them to export their custom ingredients for you and you can just open those and add them to yours.

If not, then you can just add the ingredient from the recipe, as outlined earlier.

Back