• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

change grain weight type

bobo31

New Forum Member
Reaction score
It would be nice if the grain weight type could be changed on the fly.  Such as enter the amount of grain in ounces or pounds similar to the way you can change the weight type for Misc. ingredients.
In the Misc. ingredients section there is a combo box to select grams, ounces, pounds or whatever.  I would be nice if grain had the same combo box.  I know you can change between pounds and ounces in the advanced section.

you can enter the weight of a grain in any way you want and as long as you specify the units, the software will convert them to the preferred units as designated in your 'options'.

For instance, my weight measurements are in kgs.  If I go to a new recipe and select a grain, I can enter the weight as '1 lb 6 oz' and BeerSmith will convert that to 0.624 kgs.

Back