• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

BeerSmith scaling question

JohnB

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Let me seek your advice on BS2 equipment profile. I have a Braumeister 50L and have entered the info (see attached) to be able to scale recipes. The problem is that when I scale a recipe BS2 never changes the "measured batch size". For example if the original recipe for a 6 gallon equipment shows 18.93L "measured batch size" when I scale it for my equipment which is 50L, it still shows measured batch size as 18.93L.

I must be doing something wrong...

Attachments

• Braumeister 50L - profile -.jpg
    Braumeister 50L - profile -.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 589
Are you scaling the recipe using the built-in BeerSmith scale recipe function?  If you are, then make sure that when you open it that you are entering the equipment profile with your desired one and that the batch volume matches your desired ending volume.

If you are not using this function, then you should!  It's really much easier.

Yes everything seems to be correct, but please check the new attachment, I am getting confused by those 3 numbers...

Attachments

• Braumeister 50L - 2profile-.jpg
    Braumeister 50L - 2profile-.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 402
OK, these are fields which are filled out with your actual measurements and do not affect the recipe or other numbers in BeerSmith (except for brewhouse efficiency).  Fill these out with the actual numbers as you complete brewing the recipe.

I take a blank recipe and zero out all the 'measured' values in the recipe, set the equipment and mash profiles to your preferred starting place and then click on the button on the toolbar labeled 'set as default'.  This will then become your template for future recipes. 

Back