• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

carbonation??

metalist

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hello, I'm nubie

help me pls

I made a 5 gallon beer.primary ferment 7 day seconary 7 day and carbonation in keg at 30 psi 5 day.
i want to know ,I must use corn sugar  in the bottle?  or not and bottled. how many day?

thanks alot

Hi not quite sure what you mean so I will have a guess that you are after the amount of corn sugar to use for carbonation and the  length of time it will take to carbonate?

If you go into "tools" then "carbonation" you will find a calculator that will give you an option for your required amount of carbonation then once you have chosen that it will give you the amount to use in weight.

you also have the options of DME when bottling. I can only speak from my experience with bottling, I have never kegged, that on average for a normal strength beer it takes around 2 weeks for them to carbonate . I have not done any high gravity beers but I have heard that they can take much longer.

I hope this was what you were after and helps a little.

Sorry arctic78  , I was poor communication.

I mean my case use force carbonate CO2 amout 5 day.

I want to ask,  I must more carbonation in bottling do i need?  Or I can bottle it.

However, Thanks alot  arctic78

Once you have let your beer carbonate in the keg, you can reduce pressure to almost nothing by turning off CO2 gas and venting relief valve  so beer  flows out slowly and gently without foam into bottles. pour a glass or two first to make sure its not going to come out too fast and foam over. Cap immediately. You will have tasty fresh draft beer without the need of any sugar. I used to use a bottling tool- a hard plastic tube with a little valve on the end that allows flow when touched to the bottom of the bottle, but doing it the way described above I found the tool was not needed, just pour slowly into bottle right from draft tap.
After you bottled some up, turn on CO2 and raise your pressure back up to 8-10 psi, or less depending on how you like it. I leave mine very low once carbonated, just bump it up a bit when it doesn't flow out any more.

CHEERS! Prost, Na sdorovie

Back