• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Another Coloradan

drfcrosby

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hello all my fellow home brewers--my name is Frank and I live in Colorado Springs. 

Nearly two years ago, my wife created a beer-brewing monster when she bought me a little brown keg kit.  Brewed 6-8 batches and upgraded to a local home brew store starter kit.  Everything I needed, including a plastic fermenting/bottling bucket and a 5 gallon carboy.  After a 1/2 days bottling my various recipe kits, a friend told me to try kegging--so I bought a corny keg, co2 tank and the accessories.  Have kegged two batches.

About 6 weeks ago, I bought a refrigerator just tall enough to hold the corny keg.  This weekend, I will make a modified autumn brew but instead of using the ale recipe, I am subbing a bottom yeast and plan to cold brew for a couple of months. 

Growing every batch as a homebrewer.

Greetings and welcome Frank!

Sorry for the late response!  Sounds like you started, and got hooked, brewing the same way I did - Mr. Beer!  (OMG, that made some awful beer!)

Anyway, welcome.  Here you will find a wealth of knowledge and information.

Good luck and stay in touch!!

Back