• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Greetings from Crewe, UK

Scroopster

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm a returning all-grain brewer after a 20 year hiatus, having recently purchased a Grainfather. I've dusted down my old books from back in the day & updated quite a few - Papazian in particular - I think he's great, so enthusiastic. I've also bought a few clone recipe books from across the pond so I'm looking forward to trying out some American brews soon.

So far I have brewed a couple of all-grain kits, which didn't work out too well (I think I misinterpreted the Grainfather water calculation) & having found a local brewery that sells crushed malt in 25kg bags, I've brewed a Courage Directors clone from a Graham Wheeler CAMRA recipe, although the OG is considerably higher in my beer - this is being bottled & mini-kegged today.

Really looking forward to getting stuck into the brewing again & hopefully creating some really good beers.

If you are ever in the Crewe area - give me a message\email etc & come round for a beer.

Congratulations! Your long fast is over!

I think you'll find that some significant changes have occurred in the areas of sanitation and yeast, since you last brewed.

If your interest is in classic historic styles, you should acquire books by Ronald Pattinson. He's done considerable research based on brewing logs of the period. Although there are some holes and more research to be done, his is the most complete, thus far.

I've been brewing for a little over fifteen years, and I still refer to my Papazian books from time to time. The <i>Companion</i> especially.

Nice to hear another homebrewer here in Crewe, cant afford a grain father yet so still using two urns and cooler. ;D

Back