• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Hello from Sacramento!

KometSpaceMan

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hello All:

Not much to speak about regarding my "journey" so far.

A couple of friends are amateur brewers and would bring their latest batch to parties and gatherings. On a random trip to the local alcohol store I decided to purchase a Brooklyn Brewing starter kit. Made my first batch, "Summer Wheat", and it wasn't half bad.

While it was fermenting I was gifted with another Brooklyn Brewing kit, so I made that batch too. Before I could do any thing with them after that, my sister-in-law bought me a Mr. Beer starter set, so I fired that up as well.

My first disappointment came soon after I had finished consuming the batch from the Mr. Beer kit. Of course I couldn't continue to buy entire kits each time I wanted to make a batch, but I was intimidated by the local brew shops selling ingredients for batches of 5 gallons or larger and I wasn't that confident yet. So I made what I consider a mistake on my part, and I purchased 3 different types of refill options from Brooklyn Brewing (doubling up on one to brew in the 2 gallon Mr. Beer kit). Sadly, all three did not ferment, and I was left with some interesting and flat non-alcoholic beer.

I sat on the hobby for a while, equipment gathering dust. Fast forward to the recent past, my friends started talking one night about their plans for their next beers, and started encouraging me to get back in the saddle and visit a local brewing store.

Went in and had a fantastic experience with the shop, they where very helpful with advice and helping me buy ingredients (and of course it was much cheaper).

So I've got a gallon brewing in the pantry now, and plan on making another batch tomorrow night.

So yea... drink in good health!

KometSpaceMan said:
Went in and had a fantastic experience with the shop, they where very helpful with advice and helping me buy ingredients (and of course it was much cheaper).

Glad to hear you're brewing and in my old home town, too!

Both BFD and Brewmeister are dedicated to their customers. I hope you ask them a lot of questions and even take some of their classes.

Back