• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

G'Day from Mackay, Australia

Morrie

New Forum Member
Reaction score
G'day brewers,
I'm Morrie and am new here and looking forward to learning plenty.  I am using Beersmith2 and am wanting more style guides installed.  For example I have seen recipes with a style guide of - Special/Best/Premium Bitter - but that does not show up in my style guide list. Can anyone please help me and point me in the right direction where I can install more style guides from.

Welcome Morrie!

You can set which style guide you want to follow by clicking on 'options' > 'Display style guide'.  If you want a style guide that is not listed, you can see if it is available to add by clicking on 'Add-ons' >> 'Add' which will bring up a list of all available additional profiles for grains, hops, yeasts, recipes, equipment profiles, and style guidelines.

The current 2015 BJCP guidelines does have Special/Best/Premium Bitter as styles separated into categories 11B (best bitter) and 11C (strong bitter).

Thanks Oginme, I've got it sorted out now.  I was having some trouble as there is no options button. On a Mac program it comes up as a preferences button.

G'Day Morrie and welcome!  Here you will find a wealth of knowledge and experience from a wide variety of individuals.  I can speak from my own experience here, I have found many answers to many questions right here from this forum! Welcome and good luck!!

Back