• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Water to grist ratio changes

Rep

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
Hi
I have looked all over and cannot find where in BS I can change the amount of water I want to add to my grain on an ongoing basis.

Any pointers are appreciated.

Rep,
  Go to the "Mash Profiles" database, then make your own mash profile by copying the one you use most often.  Give it a unique name.

Next open the mash profile and edit the steps by double clicking on them.  Assuming you are doing a mash infusion (for example) you can set the water/grain ratio within the infusion mash step to any number you like.

Save your new mash profile, then use it in any recipe you choose to automatically apply that water to grain ratio.

If you want one particular profile to be the default, you can open a blank recipe, choose your mash profile and then use the "Save Recipe As Default" command on your blank recipe.  This feature will save that profile as the default, and in fact it will save anything you have set in the currently open recipe as the default.  The next time you create a recipe, these settings will be transferred to the new recipe.

Cheers!
Brad

Back