• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

off flavors in kegs

steel

Apprentice
Reaction score
hello everyone
i'm new to this forum or any forum for that matter not sure if this is where i ask my question or not my question is i'm brewing a double batch of all grain  beer i put it in a 14 gallon conical fermenter when it is done i put it in 2 corny kegs when i do this 1 keg taste watered down the other one taste extra sweet do i need to stir the beer before i keg or is there something else i'm doing wrong
  thanks for any help

When I transfer one batch to multiple kegs, I put the hose outlet  in one keg for a few minutes, fill it 1/3 up , switch it to the other keg fill 1/3, etc switching back and forth until done. I have sometimes noticed what looks like separation in the fermenter (watery at top maybe from condensation) and don't want to stir it up in there before transfering out. Seems to be more watery near the top of the fermenter and heavier bodied near the bottom. It should't be much different in theory but I do this anyway. I was more worried about the alcohol separating and this method of mixing kegs while filling was my fix.

this makes sense i will try it next time
  thanks

Back