• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Hello from Brazil!

Angelopsi

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I am from Ipatinga MG, Brazil (look it up) and started home brewing about four months ago.

I am on my 4th batch (Belgian Golden Ale, almost ready to drink!) using with my homemade equipment:
  20 L batch size,
  27 L mash/lauter tun + boiler, with a homemade filter (used a braided metal hose),
  14 L kettle (for sparging), and
  15 m chiller that I made from a pancake aluminum tube (that's right!),
  20 L food grade white bucket as a fermenter (fermentor?).

Total cost was about 30% the retail prices.

As of today, i haven't used any hydrometer/refractometer, airlock, iodine test or even a sanitizer (!), but I will get there ::).

I've just bought Beersmith 2 and already love it! The last couple weeks, my friends and I started creating our own recipes.

Also, I've found a Lang.xml file that translates some of the menus and tips to Portuguese (BR) but its incomplete and kind of misleading. Right now I am on a mission to enhance and finish the translation so my Brazilian friends (known and unknown) can better enjoy the software. When I am done, I'll upload the file wherever possible!

Cheers!

Back