• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

How to get printout for a Recipe?

T

tgioiosa

What is the right way to print out a recipe using a Report format?
I've printed by opening the recipe in a new window with the report format as "New Brewsheet". Then selected print, and although it does go to the printer, I find that the formatting is not true to the display screen.

The Shaded bands that show on the report on screen do not come across in the printout, and the color swatch doesn't show up either.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
Tony

Hi,
  From the main "My Recipes" view, you can print using the print button or print on the file menu.  To change formats, use the drop-down box on the toolbar.  BeerSmith will print the report in the currently previewed format.

For the shading options, BeerSmith uses explorer as a plugin.  If you go into explorer you should be able to set it up to print backgrounds (its off by default I think) in the options dialog, advanced page, scroll down to printing and check the "Print background colors and images".

Cheers!
Brad

Back