• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Hello!

Alex Drexler

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I'm about to set up a 75 liter backyard brewery. I've been brewing using pots with no valves and bucket in a bucket lauter tun.

My idea is to make the mash tun out of a 100 liter kettle and place the outlet valve (with one of those tube shaped screens) below the false bottom. I'm doing this for two reasons: to reduce deadspace and since it will be a gravity system I have the feeling that wort will flow out better than with those valves and tubes that are installed above the false bottom. Based in your experience, does this make sense? is any of those settings (outlet valve above/below false bottom) better than the other?

Also, I plan to use one 7gpm chugger pump to vorlauf, whirlpool and transfer wort to fermentor uisng quick disconnects and silicone tubing, I think is good enough. Finally, a 40 plate blinchman therminator will cool down wort.

What do you guys think?

Pls let me know.

Greetings from Peru!

Alex.

Back