• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Possibility to select batch size

janriis

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi

I would like occasionally to brew pilot batches on my 30 gl SS Brewtech kettles, and it would be nice to be able to select smaller batch sizes and get the recipe scaled for the selected batch size.

Okay. You should be able to use the scale feature in BS2 to scale whatever you need.  Unless I'm missing your question, is that what you're looking for?

I do this all the time with recipes, moving them between a 4 liter or 10 liter BIAB, to a 14 liter or 20 liter traditional mash tun system.  Each system has an associated equipment profile.  My recipes are all stored as a 10 liter BIAB (inside) equipment profile recipe.  I can open any recipe and using the "scale recipe" feature on the tool bar scale it to any of the other equipment profiles and accompanying batch size.

Ive created equipment profiles for the different sizes I use and then just use scale and change profile to size I want.  Still trying to dial in some of the smaller batches lol

Back