• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

G'day from New Zealand

N

NZHomebrewer

Hello all,

I am Peter from New Zealand aka Aotearoa. I brew all grain since 5 or 6 years now. Never looked back. My main beers are Best Bitters and Bavarian Wheat. My emphasis is not on brewing a perfect clone but rather brewing a nice beer. I do 50 liter batches.

The main challenge is to source ingredients and equipment. Our homebrew market is tiny compared to the US and I regularly drool over ads in my favourite US brewing magazine! We can not get decent kettles, fermenters, coolers - well basically nothing really! This results in a move to D.I.Y. breweries. I have some stainless steel stuff sitting in my shed and am only waiting until we moved to our new place to get started on a decent brew set up. At the moment I use a 4 ring burner, a stainless steel mash/brew kettle, a plastic still as a hot water tun, a plastic square chilly bin (cooler bin) as a sparging container and an immersion chiller made from copper. We mostly ferment in plastic barrels. That's all you can get around here.

Any more kiwis around here? I saw someone from Sydney which is on teh most western island of New Zealand, isn't it?  ;D

Cheers and happy brewing

Peter

Welcome Peter,
  I know we have quite a few Australian brewers here - I hear from them often.  Not sure how many we have from NZ.

In any case, welcome to the forum - we are happy to have you here!

Brad

I am from Canada and I too drool over my mag subscriptions. Here you will find advice and knowledge that will do nothing more then improve your brew (which if drank in quantity will improve the look of most of your local byrds)
Cheers and happy sparging  ;D

Back