• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Update to version 2.3.7

bklynbrewer

Apprentice
Reaction score
I am using version 2.2.12 on a Mac and I've been prompted a few times to update. However, every time I try to do so I get an error message saying that a connection to the server could not be established. I live outside of the US, so I'm not sure if that is the problem, but I have also tried connecting with my VPN and that doesn't seem to solve the issue either.

Mine upgraded just now to the latest version on a Macbook Air running El Capitan and I am in the UK.  Could be worth another try in case the server was down yesterday or could you be blocking somehow. 

I've been having this issue for a few weeks and no luck. I tried the old restarting the computer trick and that didn't address the problem either.

I just worry that my old recipe, equipment and defaults won't get transferred over

I believe I have read in many of the recent posts about this issue and if I recall, Brad suggested downloading directly from the website.  And yes, I would back up my data first.  Regarding your settings, I believe BS stores your settings in a separate file that gets accesses when the program is executed.  So your settings should be safe even after you upgrade.

Back