• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Fermentation Readings, corrected for temp or not?

Mike E

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I did a search for this already withoutfindingthe answer, so here goes:

In the new FermentationReadings section where it plots out the gravity drop vs temp thing, if I'm putting hydrometer readings indenturing the temp in the beer, and it's a beer that ferments over the course of a variety of temperatures because I'm ramping it, is the software automatically correcting the readings that it puts on the chart for temperature, or should I take the gravity reading, correct for temp, and then put that number into the Fermentation Reading? If so, then the Temperature values just there so you know where it was at the time of the reading? I don't care either way, but I'd just like to know if I'm doing a temp correction and then putting an already corrected number into the software and it's "correcting" it again for me!? :)

It is your call as the software just retains whatever you enter.  I think corrected would probably be the best values to use but honestly as you are doing this during fermentation mainly for your own use it is probably not making a huge difference until you get to actually measuring your FG - which I would certainly correct if you are measuring it cold.

Brad

Back