• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Derm Introduction

derm

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hey folks!

My name is Derm and I love to brew. I've been cookin' since 2013 and made the transition to all grain within the past year. I love DIY projects related to the craft and I hope to post a picture or two of my Steeler-theme kegerator in the near future. I'll spare you my DIY stir plate...it operates more as a "vibrating" plate than a stir plate.

I am currently in the USAF and located in Oklahoma. I'm from the Northeast, so this is a huge change for my family and I, but definitely a unique experience that only gets easier with a couple pints of homebrew.

I'm interested in learning more about the art/hobby/profession as well as receiving any wisdom you folks can impart. One of my goals while stationed in OK is to get a homebrew club going and I'd love to get some assistance or advice on how to set one up for success. I'm in a remote part of the state and the nearest homebrew store is 1 1/2 hours away. Oklahoma, in my opinion, is not a beer-friendly state, made evident by the 3.2% brew that is required by law.

Currently fermenting are my first lager (Octoberfest from AIH) and a Belgian Golden Ale (Derm's RS blend recipe, shared in the Beersmith Recipe Cloud). On tap is my imperial cream ale and a La Croix soda-water clone the wife and I came up with.

Happy brewing to all!

-Derm

Back