• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Mash Profile for Brew Magic

Habermeister

Apprentice
Reaction score
Brewed my first batch yesterday to poor result...so trying to correct the mistakes for the next batch. I went back and forth on what Mash Profile to use with my Brew Magic doing a basic 60 minute re-circulation mash at 152 degrees for a Porter.  I settle in the Single Infusion, Light Body, but now really second guessing that call. Looking at Temperature Mash, 1 Step...

What are others using as a Mash Profile?

Thanks

Mashing can be as easy or as complicated as you want to make it and is generally pretty straight forward.  Generally, there are few issues with the mash as long as the temperature is controlled.  Without knowing what your specific issues were with your last batch (why you consider it poor), it is hard to comment.

If you are having problems with your process, sticking with a single infusion mash would most likely be the easiest to diagnose and help with fixing any other issues you may have with your system.

Oginme said:
Mashing can be as easy or as complicated as you want to make it and is generally pretty straight forward.  Generally, there are few issues with the mash as long as the temperature is controlled.  Without knowing what your specific issues were with your last batch (why you consider it poor), it is hard to comment.

If you are having problems with your process, sticking with a single infusion mash would most likely be the easiest to diagnose and help with fixing any other issues you may have with your system.

You replied back to my other post today, so you may be building a picture of why I said poor...the short answer was the prediction was 1.052, but ended with 1.031. Having a Brew Magic, at least to me is interesting in that there are things out there about time and temp and sparge and I was trying to match that with an option in BeerSmith. Another person posted an Equipment profile that I was as a start and that seemed to be on target, so I was hoping someone had the same for the mash.

thanks so very much, I appreciate you responding to my post!

David

Back