• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Grain profile for zero absorption (rinsed rice hulls)?

pretzelb

Brewer
Reaction score
I want to add rice hulls to my recipes but I prefer to rinse them before I use them. The result is the rice hulls should have zero impact on water absorption. Is there a way to create a grain profile that has rice hulls which don't alter the water calculations? I see moisture as an attribute but it is not editable for rice hulls. I could create new profile but I am not sure which attribute to change and what value to use. Maybe a grain with 1.00 potential and 100% moisture?

Just add it as a misc ingredient that's added into the mash. It won't be counted for water or gravity that way.

brewfun said:
Just add it as a misc ingredient that's added into the mash. It won't be counted for water or gravity that way.

Doh. Why didn't I think of that? I will have to try that next time I log in. It will be nice to have it on my phone when at the local store buying grains.

Back