• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Beersmith Upgrade Problem

skinnydipper

Apprentice
Reaction score
I downloaded the latest version of Beersmith when it first came out and had no problems doing so. However, since then every time I open the program a message window appears containing "A new version of Beersmith is available - would you like to download it in the background". If I choose YES the window disappears but then reappears a few minutes later with "Could not establish a connection to server". If I choose NO it just disappears.
Any suggestions as to how I can stop this happening.

Cheers, Doug

I am experiencing the same thing and it is slightly annoying.  Any help would be appreciated. 

There have been several minor updates in the past couple of months.  Try doing this:  When you get the screen saying that updates are available, choose 'no'.  Next go to 'help' > 'check for updates' and see if it tells you that there is an update available.  Click and try to update.  There have been rare times in the past when this option works.

Oginme said:
There have been several minor updates in the past couple of months.  Try doing this:  When you get the screen saying that updates are available, choose 'no'.  Next go to 'help' > 'check for updates' and see if it tells you that there is an update available.  Click and try to update.  There have been rare times in the past when this option works.

Same problem for me as the OP. Tried this trick and it resulted in the same "no connection to server" notice.

Had the same problem till I got a "Teky" to look at it. If I remember rightly it was a conflict with a Firefox firewall or something similar. Anyway he closed it down and it downloaded no problem.

Back