• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Hello! New to the forum

hatchethead

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I'm new to the forum, but not new to the are of home brewing.  I began extract brewing in 1999 or 2000, my notes don't say.  I probably brewed 20 5-gallon batches, maybe more.  That was in Missouri.  In 2013, I moved to CA and shed lots of my redundant equipment (e.g., bottling buckets, bottles), but I kept some treasures:  a 7-gallon pot, a turkey burner, 2 corny kegs and a CO2 system, and miscellaneous basic tools.  A month ago, I saw a neighbor (whom I had not yet met) homebrewing and struck up a conversation about all grain brewing.  Then my next-door neighbor convinced me to brew again.  Before I knew it, I had purchased two 10-gallon round coolers for an HLT and mash tun, a false bottom, and some spigots.  And then we were off to the races.  Our first-ever brews are fermenting in the garage closet:  an IPA (off the first-run grains), and a session-like red (of the second run grains).  Our efficiency is way low, but I think the beers will turn out drinkable.

Next beer:  a dark mild.

I'm looking forward to picking peoples' brains in the forum and learning for those with more experience.

-- Jason

Back