• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

OK =? Save

dude

Apprentice
Reaction score
Just wondering:

Is clicking OK or Save in BeerSmith the same or are they different functions?

Thanks

From the docs

Key Features for Building Recipes

http://www.beersmith.com/help2/index.html?getting_started.htm

o Most of time with BeerSmith will likely be spent designing and editing recipes. This is done from the My Recipes View which is displayed when you first enter BeerSmith.
o You can add a new recipe to your My Recipes folder by clicking on the Add Recipe Button on the ribbon which opens the recipe design editor in a new tab.
o There is a tutorial on creating your first recipe here.  BeerSmith comes pre-loaded with the most common brewing ingredients so it is a matter of choosing the ones you want in the recipe design tab and adjusting the amounts to create a new recipe.
o Once you are done with your recipe you can save it by pressing the OK button
o We also have video tutorials on creating recipes here.

Creating a New Recipe

o Open a new recipe by clicking on the Add Recipe button from My Recipes view.  An empty recipe will open in a new tab.
o Enter the name of your recipe, your name as the brewer and pick the type of recipe you want to create (all-grain, extract or partial-mash)
o Choose your equipment profile by clicking on the equipment name button. If you have not already done so, it is recommended you set up an equipment profile to match your particular set of brewing equipment.  This should populate the batch size, efficiency and boil size fields.
o In the style guide section, select a target style for your beer by clicking on the Style name
o If you are an all grain or partial mash brewer, select the Mash profile for your beer by clicking on the mash name - if you are a beginning all grain brewer, I recommend you choose the "Single Infusion, Medium Body, No Mash Out" profile.  See Mash Profiles for more details on available profiles.
o Start adding ingredients to your beer using the various "Add" buttons next to the ingredient list.  As you add ingredients the color of the beer glass icon and estimated original gravity, bitterness and color will be adjusted.  These numbers will continuously be compared to the style you selected and displayed on scale below the ingredients.
o You can select your carbonation (bottling/kegging) method and fermentation aging profile to match your beer near the bottom of the dialog
o Press OK to save your recipe, or Cancel to abandon it.

Additionally, the Disk icon saved a the recipe but doesn't close the tab.  Clicking OK saves and closes the tab.

Back