• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Maturation time using Beersmith

lecavalheirus

New Forum Member
Reaction score
I'm brewing a Belgian Pale Ale on Monday (12). It's my first time and using BeerSmith has been of great help. These last few days have filled me with a whole lot of doubts though. After fermantation is done (2-3 days with the same FG value) I'm gonna drop temperature down to 10 ?C for maturation. On Beersmith it says under Carbonation and Storage tab that keg/bottling temperature is 21,1 ?C, carbonation used is about 175 g DME, aging time is 30 days and storage temperature is 18,3 ?C. Is 30 days the time I should leave the beer in the fermentation bucket maturing at 10 ?C or the time i should leave the bottled beer resting? If the latter, how long should I leave beer for during maturation?

Greetings - BS has many "templates", if you will, to use and customize for your own brewing equipment, mash style, fermentation method, condition style, etc.  my suggestion is to find one of the profiles that are close to your needs and customize it as needed.

Also, I would not recommend leading your beer in a bucket or fermenter to condition for 30 days.  Perhaps one of the other brewers has another opinion, but I typically condition in the bottle and typically it's ready after 2-3 weeks.

Hope this helps!

Good luck!

Back