• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

More suggestions

Birkebryg

Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi,

After entering a few recipes, I find that I could use these functions (maybe I just didn't find them?):

1. After making an alternative mash profile, I miss the possibility of saving it for easy use in other recipes.
2. I use a slightly different method for carbonation: I take 1.5 l from the boiled wort (batch size approx. 20 l) and add it 1.5 hours before bottling. I cannot enter this information in the carbonation section.
3. When creating a recipe using malt, etc. from the inventory, I think the inventory should be reduced by the amount used.

Best regards,

Birkebryg said:
Hi,
After entering a few recipes, I find that I could use these functions (maybe I just didn't find them?):
1. After making an alternative mash profile, I miss the possibility of saving it for easy use in other recipes.
2. I use a slightly different method for carbonation: I take 1.5 l from the boiled wort (batch size approx. 20 l) and add it 1.5 hours before bottling. I cannot enter this information in the carbonation section.
3. When creating a recipe using malt, etc. from the inventory, I think the inventory should be reduced by the amount used.
Hi Birkebryg
I can help with 1. If you go to the Mash Profiles in the left hand menu and make the adjustments there and not in the recipe, you can then select the adjusted mash profile in the Recipe View. From what I can tell any changes inside the recipe stays there.

2 and 3 I will leave to Brad.

Hope this helps.

Preston

Thanks,
  2) This is a method we don't currently have build into the program, though you can enter your own text into the "Used" field under carbonation.

3) You can remove the ingredients used in a recipe by opening the recipe and picking "Remove from Inventory".  I would not want to remove it when building a recipe since many people play with several revisions of a recipe before brewing it.  Any time you brew, you can remove the items with the button instead.

Cheers,
Brad

Back