• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Brissyhammer

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm Keith and live on the Sunshine Coast in Queensland Australia last year a workmate and decided to build a small brewhouse using our our abilities as Electricians and our new found work knowledge of PLC programming. We did put ourselves through a 5 day masterbrew course, as neither of us had any real long term brew experience. Thank god we did as its helped us no end. What it also did was cement our enthusiasm in beer making. Why we came up with this idea? I don't know, but it's seems that the Craft Brewing Scene is definetely the way to go. Coming from the UK only 8 years previous the chance brewing styles of beers i like in Oz aswell as the ones i love in the UK is really exciting.
Our brewhouse is all electric with PLC temp control and we are pretty pleased with our home made effort, mainly made from Pallet wood and stainless. However we both now know the hardest, although most enjoyable part is ahead. We have just made our first batch, a German Pilsner, which came out suprisingly good, we thought, although we under carbonated it in the Keg and have a Pacific Ale in 2 Carboy fermentors right now. We are still pretty frightened through each step and are searching through here for answers all the time on things we aren't sure of. Thank god for Forums. It blows me away how much in depth knowledge you guys have on your brewing technics. Hopefully over this next year we can learn lots and pick our game up.
Looking forward to some interesting conversations in the future.
Keith

Welcome Keith!  I'm sure that your experience and skills as an electrician will be helpful to people here as well.

Congrats!

I'm getting back into the brewing world, and tell me about your all Electronic systems!
I have a background in Chemistry and Microbiology and have been thinking quite a bit about how to use electronics to increase the efficiency of my little experimental world. 

d.grubbs@cox.net

Cheers!

Dave

Back