• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Shopping list includes items in inventory

Derek Toering

Brewer
Reaction score
How do I create a shopping list that does not include items in inventory?

I click a recipe...add to shopping list.  I check my shopping list and it has the items in my inventory.

Must be ab easy workaround here?  I am sort of looking for a button to add items not in inventory.

Greetings Derek - I have noticed the same issue, but I'm not sure is an "issue".  What I have done is simply deleted the items that were in my inventory, printed the remaining list of ingredients and went shopping.

I believe the shopping list is intended to list all the items needed for a particular recipe.  Then, the brewer has the option of using, or not using, the inventory items or purchase more.

For inventory to work properly, the names of each ingredient must be unique and match what you're using in the recipe. If you update an ingredient name, you have to go back to your recipe and substitute in the "new" ingredient.

Just take a few seconds to do a substitution on any recipe you plan to brew. Then send it to the shopping list. That should make the shopping list correct.

Back