• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Greetings from NY

T

ThePurpleDino

Rob here.. two AG batches under my belt an just registered my copy of beersmith :)

WONDERFUL product!!

anyone have any tips for setting up my mash profile?

I'm a batch Sparger.. Using advice from other brewers on another forum (a green One), I used the following process that seemed to work well.

3.5 gallons Mash In
1.2 gallons Mash Out with boiling water
3.5 gallon sparge

Got very close to my desired boil volume.

Anyway.. When I printed my brewsheet from beersmith, the sparging process looked nothing like this.. Just curious if there is a profile for this type of Sparging, or can I set something up like this to get this process calculated and added to my brewsheet?

Hi,
  If you have the latest version, the optimal way to batch sparge is the default method which is to use equal runnings (from the mash tun) for two big batches.  Here's an  article describing batch sparging and its use.

Cheers,
Brad

Thanks Brad.. Nice read and really simple to implement in Beersmith... I guess a little Searching would have led me to it!

Cheers,
Rob

Back