• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Yeast Attenuation

KEKO482

Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Would it be possible to have a column in the recipe view and on the brew sheet where you can record and see the yeast attenuation and what temperature fementation took place.

Also Fermentis (safale) has a few new yeast strains out I just used  Safbrew WB-06 are they going to be added. Safbrew WB-06 wheat beer yeast is what I used for my Hefeweizen  I guess we will see how it goes so far the beer smells good but it did not blow off which is what I expected.

http://www.fermentis.com

Attenuation is dependent on mash profile,  is fermentation temp what you want?

Fred

What I was after is a fermentation temp area that can be but on the brew sheet for the next person and reference. Lets say for instance I am making this Hefeweizen and I ferment at lets say 68 degrees and I got some more banana flavors then what I wanted. Well I can look back at that recipe because I print them and keep it with the beer (like a batch number in a warehouse)and see what I recorded for that brew session.

The Yeast Attenuation calculation will just be in its own column for the people that like to worry about it like they do their efficiencies.

Do you get what I am trying to say I just combined it all together in the other post because I was in a hurry trying to get some of my ideas out while I was on the subject and never reread the post. 

You can make your own BrewSheet and use this http://www.beersmith.com/forum/index.php?topic=1465.0 as a reference as to what you can put on the BrewSheet or you can download mine on the same page and there is one other that I found but cant remember where it is at the moment.

As far as the attenuation of the yeast there is a tag for that to put on the BrewSheet, but I have yet to get it to work. Maybe I will get back on this project this weekend or next week and see what I can come up with. Keep checking back there for updates. I have not dropped this project altogether but have actually had to work. :-\

The intent on my BrewSheet was to have everything in one place for the brew day including Water additives, Yeast, and other misc info. But it did not work out that way because some of the tags would not work. FYI I did get the fermentation temps on the sheet.

Cheers

Preston

Back