Brewing Topics > Cider, Mead, Wine and Others

Cider and Mead

(1/4) > >>

BeerSmith:
I've been toying with some Ciders and Meads so I decided to add a board for discussion - have fun!

Brad

Erosion:
Thanks Brad, are there any thoughts about a Mead tab like mashing where we can do the staggered nutrient additions and degassing inside Beer smith?

Cheers again,
Sean

KellerBrauer:
Greetings - I can add that I've always wanted to make a mead, but I'm under the understanding that it takes months and it can't be made with your average store bought honey with any level of success.  So, I'm all for learning any information on the subject.

Erosion:
Great mead can be made in 2-3 weeks is all in the fermentation management, check out www.meadmaderight.com  this is just one merhod that helps make great mead easily.

KellerBrauer:
Thanks for the link, Erosion.  However, I visited the website, Mead Made Right, and the recipe states "With TOSNA, your mead should be ready to drink in well under 3 months". This statement pretty much solidifies my understanding that a good mead takes months to complete.  That said, I believe their approach to rehydrating yeast makes good sense and well worth exploring.

Thanks again!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Sitemap 
Go to full version