• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Under session tab, Fermenter # or name, graph 2 fermenters for the same recipe?

shinobi9

Apprentice
Reaction score
I am currently using the linux version (which should be the same)... Under the new session tab, there is an entry on the bottom left of the graph, for adding a fermenter vessel name or number... My question is, can I use that to graph 2 carboys for the same recipe? I'm possibly confused of the reason for this option. 

I would love to track all of this on beersmith, instead of keeping a notebook in addition to the program.

I hope somebody can clarify this a little.

Thanks in Advance!

No - actually that field was added at the request of some pro brewers who wanted to keep track of which fermenter was used for a batch.

For tracking batches, what I do is brew a recipe, keep track of it in the recipe notes and "actuals" fields, then use the Copy to Brew Log button to save a copy of the recipe
to my brew log.  Next time I brew I will bump the version number and brew date to match the new date and record again, then copy to brew log.

This way my brew log folder contains a list of all recipes "as brewed" and has dates and version numbers.

Thanks for the speedy response...
I thought it might be for tracking vessels maybe, it would be really nice to have options for multiple vessels/carboys of the same batch, and maybe even be able to graph the two.

I brew 10-12 gallon batches usually, and have at least 2 carboys going, sometimes with different yeast. That's why I thought it could be a nice feature.

Thanks Again!

I just started tracking my fermentor per batch. I just put it in the notes section

Mark

Back