• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

How many people use beerSmith for Mead and other Ferments

Erosion

Apprentice
Reaction score
I currently use Beersmith for Beer, Mead and Kombucha as best I can

One of my new projects is to learn enough about Mead, Cider and Wine to add more features to support it.  I've been making all three and reading extensively to learn about them.

So far I'm working on adding fruit juice and fruit types and making those easy to manage as well as adding "Cider, Mead, Wine" types for recipe design.  Its a bit of work but I think it may make the program much easier to work with for cider, mead and wine brewers in the future.

Brad

Hey Brad,

Awesome, thanks for thinking anout adding thease feature, it's certainly something that i will use.
I am happy to test once to have a beta ;)
I am also happy to provide a lost of honeys avaliable in Australia.

Using BeerSmith for Ciders. A pain to do juices as pounds instead of qts./gals. but still better than keeping paper notes. Looking forward to some more addons.

The next version will have juice with the ability to enter it in qts/gals/liters as well as enter Brix values and do volume calculations for various ingredients such as fruit.

Brad

Great Brad! Look forward to it as I do every upgrade and add-on. Have a great day.

Bob

How soon before the juices and fruits are available in Beer Smiths? Until then, what is the best way to enter in the juices and concentrates to be able to use Beer Smiths for my ciders. When I put in as a grain/extract it will not allow me to enter in the gravity I took off of the juices. It also asks for lbs when I build my recipe. Also, I add in sugar and use potassium sorbate to halt the ability to continue to ferment before I back sweeten. Has anyone figured out a good way to enter in this data in a usable way?

Hey Brad,
Looking forward to the upgrade with juices for cider & mead!

Thanks,
Phil.

Hi Brad,
I'm also brewing kombucha, and am planning on starting wine.
So please don't let up the good work.
I am an all grain brewer and just love your software.

Meh not at all excited useless features for me so I won't download it :)

Back