Brewing Topics > Reviews

Big Mouth Bubbler plastic carboy

<< < (2/3) > >>

Ck27:
I'll have to check these out I've got 2 Cooper's Fermenters which are quite nice really and easy to use for dry hopping. I've got one 6.5 gallon bucket fermenter. 1 Speidel 7.9 gallon fermenter which is awesome hands down my nicest unit and durable as hell. I've also got a 1 gallon fermenter which I use for tests and whatnot.

Baron Von MunchKrausen:

--- Quote from: KB on November 18, 2017, 04:04:00 PM ---Nice being able to easily clean the wide mouth. However, the lids are VERY difficult to remove. Does anyone have any suggestions for making lid removal easier?

--- End quote ---

Interesting problem -  I wish I had.
With an aggressive fermentation needing blow-off tubes, my lids push up. I need to bungee cord the lids to the carrier handles to keep them sealed.

As to cleaning, I spray as much crud out as possible then add 1/2 cup PBW and fill to the top. All clean in a couple hours. I would not want to use any brushes inside plastic.

Ck27:

--- Quote from: Baron Von MunchKrausen on November 18, 2017, 06:24:57 PM ---
--- Quote from: KB on November 18, 2017, 04:04:00 PM ---Nice being able to easily clean the wide mouth. However, the lids are VERY difficult to remove. Does anyone have any suggestions for making lid removal easier?

--- End quote ---

Interesting problem -  I wish I had.
With an aggressive fermentation needing blow-off tubes, my lids push up. I need to bungee cord the lids to the carrier handles to keep them sealed.

As to cleaning, I spray as much crud out as possible then add 1/2 cup PBW and fill to the top. All clean in a couple hours. I would not want to use any brushes inside plastic.

--- End quote ---

Haha, sounds like what happened with the beer recipe I gave you.

Baron Von MunchKrausen:

--- Quote from: Ck27 on November 18, 2017, 07:04:06 PM ---[Haha, sounds like what happened with the beer recipe I gave you.

--- End quote ---

Yup. It was an epic fermentation.
The hop haze has cleared. Now a nice IPA with mangos and pineapples.

Ck27:

--- Quote from: Baron Von MunchKrausen on November 18, 2017, 07:09:30 PM ---
--- Quote from: Ck27 on November 18, 2017, 07:04:06 PM ---[Haha, sounds like what happened with the beer recipe I gave you.

--- End quote ---

Yup. It was an epic fermentation.
The hop haze has cleared. Now a nice IPA with mangos and pineapples.

--- End quote ---

:) Great I was worried about it when you told me it was having a bugger of a time clearing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Sitemap 
Go to full version