• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Crear tonos de llamada de iPhone y publicarlos en iTunes Store

Martin,

There are so many ways of doing post boil hop additions and, IMHO, the best way is the one that gets you the results you want.  You seem to have a controlled system which is repeatable and consistent in how you are following it.  If you want to change it up somewhat and see what the difference is, then by all means. 

The other thing to remember is that with differing processes and equipment, what works well for one brewer may not turn out the same way for another.

i personally add flameout hops very shortly after turning off my heat source...and then also put in my wort chiller [so they boil will still kill off anything that might have grown while exposed to air].
i then let it steep/whirlpool as long as i want [depending on style and suggested recipe], but usually only 5-10 minutes before i start running water through my chiller.

also, are you trying to add flavor and aroma? because you can just dry hop instead depending on what you're really going for..

Back