• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Forgot to add sugar!!!!!

discobandit

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Just after Christmas I bottled a brew in a non fit state! (I was ill, honest). Anyway, tonight I went to the shed to get a couple of bottles and noticed a jug with water in? Not water but a sugary liquid that should have been added to the bottling bucket.
This was confirmed when opening and pouring a bottle. Doesn't taste that bad but well you can imagine.
Anyway, can I salvage this brew by adding sugar at this late date or is it for the drain?
Many Thanks

Not sure how cold your shed is, but you could probably think of this as a lagering phase.....in many tiny vessels. Haha.
Why not try agitating the bottles a little to get the yeast back in suspension and then carefully pouring them all back into the bottling bucket? Then you can add the sugar and re-bottle. Seems worth a try to me.

Back