• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

G'day from Western Australia

Phil

Apprentice
Reaction score
:) G'day everyone Phil from Western Australia , I bought Beersmith a few weeks ago bloody good stuff !
Have been brewing a few years you know kit & kilo  boring stuff after a while .
Just started to put together a home brewery and now seeking out grain , so happy brewing . ;D

Welcome Phil,
  Thanks for joining us - I know that Australia consistently ranks as the top country for visitors outside the US to the site.

We're very happy to have you here.  Join in on the conversation and let us know if you need any help going all grain.

Cheers,
Brad

Phil said:
:) G'day everyone Phil from Western Australia

One of my best friends lives in Perth and, when he visited Chicago last fall he remarked on both the number and quality of craft breweries here. But he's not a "beer guy" and couldn't really tell me much about what's going on down under.

What's hot in WA these days (in terms of brewing)?

- Hare

G'day Hare ,
Mate the brewing scene in Western Aussie is quite diverse Pils is allways popular with craft brewerys here IPA seems to be popular as well a new beer from 3 Ravens brewery is a smoke dark beer ,and Redoak brewery keeps winning awards so worth a try if you can get many imported beer
Cheers from Phil

Phil said:
...3 Ravens brewery is a smoke dark beer ,and Redoak brewery keeps winning awards so worth a try if you can get many imported beer

I couldn't even find a case of VB here for my buddy from Perth. In fact, I don't know of any beer from oz that is available in the US other than Foster's. I'll check the shelves again though.
Cheers,
- Hare

Back