• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Total grain weight in recipe view

cmbrougham

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
I see that you can view the total weight of the grains you use in a mash when you look at a recipe in the preview pane. What I'd like to see is that value inside the recipe formulation mode, so as I add grains, I can see how much I'm using. I don't necessarily know why I want this, but I always, without fail, look for this number when I'm designing a recipe.

Possible?

Quite possible -- I just need to find room on the main recipe entry screen for it (its mainly a space issue).

Brad

Coolness. I can see how space could be an issue, and I agree that you don't want to mess with aesthetics too much--it's what makes Beersmith easy to use (for me anyhow).

What about a line below the 'Ingredients' box and above the 'Beer Profile' box? You could tally grain here, along with hops... I don't know what else... something else might come to mind.

Back