• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Recipe File Conversion

Kevin58

Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
This topic has probably been beaten to death but here goes. The last time I brewed, ProMash was still in production. That is where I have many years of recipes stored. I had to stop brewing for a long time and now that I am back into it I have purchased and installed Beersmith2. I can not find a method of converting my old recipes that works. I find lots of older posts on various forums linking to conversion files but none of the links are valid anymore or the conversion tools are not compatible with current windows versions. Is there any up to date conversion tools I can use to move my ProMash recipe collection over to my new Beersmith2 software?

Kevin

Kevin,

What format are your Promash recipes saved in?  if they are in .xml you should be able to import them directly into BeerSmith by saving the recipe and then opening in BeerSmith through 'file' > 'open' and change the file type in the look up box to 'xml'

Promash files were proprietary but there used to be conversion tools for them. I have come to the conclusion that I have simply lost all of those recipes.

Back