• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Stout Tanks BIAB

Rob77

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to the forum, I'm looking at Stout Tanks 18 Gallon BIAB setup, it looks good to me, I like it because it has a tangential inlet, element port, and  brackets near the top of the pot to hold the basket. I'm planning to setup a RIMS system with element under the basket, the Stout option seems to be best suited and seems to be well built. Is anyone using the Stout BIAB system, do you have any feedback? The one thing that I'm questioning is the diameter of the holes in the basket. They are 3/32", that seems course to me. I called them to question it and they said I should be able to dump grains directly into the basket. One of the advantages of BIAB is the finer grain crush. Any opinion on that? I know I could put a bag in the basket but I'd rather use a properly designed basket.
Thanks!

Back