• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

STICKY: Review Rules/Guidelines

BeerSmith

Staff member
Administrator
Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
I noticed there are very few resources out there for reviews of brewing products/ideas. 

I'm willing to give this forum a try as long as it does not turn out to be a big flame war...if we start to have problems with people posting personal complaints or excessive negative comments I reserve the right to shut it down.

Here are the rules:

1. Please be constructive and factual...  For example:

"I had a hard time using this product because of the following issues (then list the facts)...."  would be a factual way to present things.

2. Please avoid emotional statements, name calling, etc...for example:
  "This product really sucks!  You would be better off flushing your money down the toilet..."  would be inappropriate and not particularly useful or factual.

3. If appropriate, rate the product on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being best.  For example:
  "I rate this gizmo as a 7 on a scale of 1 to 10."

4. All opinions posted are the opinions of individual posters.  The moderators and owners make no representation as to the accuracy of opinions or reviews presented.

5. We reserve the right to delete or edit offensive, emotional and inflamatory posts at our discretion if the post is brought to a moderators attention.

6. If you see an offensive, non-factual or inflammatory post, please do bring it to the moderators attention.

7. Since I produce BeerSmith, please avoid reviewing other brewing software here as it would be inappropriate.

9. Please take up your personal problems with the seller/producer of the product.  For example, this is probably not an appropriate place for stuff such as:
  "Store XYZ ripped me off!  I ordered product X and it arrived late, then when I tried to cancel my order they would not credit my card....etc...."  This would be inappropriate for a public forum!

10. Use the product name as the title, and please try not to start a new thread on the same product.  If you want to add your opinion, please add it to the existing product thread (if there is one).

Moderator for the board is BeerSmith.

Cheers!
Brad

Back