• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Mash options in Beersmith 2.3

private4587

Apprentice
Reaction score
I am trying to work out my mash efficiency as a new AG brewer, watching the utube video it looks easy but the screen view shown does not march what i see in beer smith 2.3. In the video within the mash screen there is a collumn with a heading Volumes and gravity in boiler. This is missing in my screen. Am i doing something wrong or as this been removed in BS 2.3. Can anyone offer help in working out my efficiencies and how to change them in my profile.

Once you have brewed a recipe and entered your measured values into BeerSmith on the 'session' tab, the program will calculate your actual efficiency (mash and total) versus the design efficiency of the recipe.  I have attached a screen shot of the sessions tab from one of my recipes.  I have circled the mash efficiency in red with the design on top and the measured efficiency under it.  Likewise, the brew house or total efficiency is circled in blue.  Again, to get an accurate measurement of your efficiency, you must enter the actual measured values. 

If you have no idea of where to start, set up your initial equipment profile around a 70% (remember that this is brew house efficiency).  Based upon your losses (grain absorption, boil off, trub loss), BeerSmith will calculate your mash efficiency.  Brew a recipe, a simple recipe works well for this, and record the measured values.  Now take the results and plug them back into your equipment profile.

Attachments

• session tab efficiency.JPG
    session tab efficiency.JPG
    95.5 KB · Views: 335
Back