• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

Any videos showing completely brew day using Beersmith?

dexter0380

New Forum Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a link to a video that shows the whole process of entering in an all grain recipe into Beersmith?

As 'long and tedious' as it may be, I'd like to watch someone go through the process of entering in their recipe/equipment profile, etc.
It would be even better if it was narrated as to what the options were and why they were being used/checked, but not necessary.

I used a recipe from Northern Brewer and when I went to enter it into Beersmith, I must have typed something wrong or included some check marks that I shouldn't have. I ended up with way too much strike water and my mash was very thin. From there the whole process went off the tracks. Since I had so much water in my MLT, I had no room for sparging, so I basically ended up draining a couple gallons into my kettle before sparging what was left in the mash.  I'm trying to figure out where I went wrong.

Usually, I drain the kettle of the mash water before doing a batch sparge.  Were you trying to do a fly sparge?

In terms of setting up equipment and mash profiles, check out Brulosophy's videos on creating profiles in BeerSmith.

Thanks! I will check those out for sure.

Basically I ended up using all of my water for the mash rather than having any separate sparge water. Just trying to work things backwards to see where/how I screwed this up.
I'm sure I will end up with beer.. just hoping it will be 'somewhat' close to the profile and recipe that I was going for LOL

I should have known something was off from the start since the grain:water ratio was way wrong than the typical 1.25/1.5 but I clearly wasn't thinking straight.

Back