Author Topic: Switching from IOS to Android  (Read 6452 times)

Offline Dr Jacoby

• BeerSmith New Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
Switching from IOS to Android
« on: November 21, 2013, 10:30:49 AM »
Is there any way to download the Beersmith app for free on an Android phone if you previously downloaded the app on an iphone? 

Offline Toy4Rick

• BeerSmith Grandmaster Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
Re: Switching from IOS to Android
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2013, 07:34:30 PM »
When I went the other direction and I asked Brad directly he said it wasn't possible since the licensing isn't linked between Google and Apple, hope the answer is different today for you

Rick

Offline glienhard

• He was a wise man who invented beer. - Plato
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2013, 08:39:33 AM »
Toy4Rick is correct.  Since the Google Play Store and Apple App Store are two completely separate things there is no way to do a direct transfer on the license.  You could ask Brad directly, I'm not sure if he could figure out a way to credit it from the developer side.  Welcome to the Android world from the dark side!! :-)

Offline lemy

• BeerSmith New Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2013, 08:34:34 PM »
I'm doing the exact same thing. I'm giving up on the Iphone and will remove iTunes from my desktop forever!!!!

but I have to purchase Beersmith all over again?

Surely there must be a way to discount or do something for those of us who have purchased already.

Offline glienhard

• He was a wise man who invented beer. - Plato
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2013, 10:03:53 PM »
I'm doing the exact same thing. I'm giving up on the Iphone and will remove iTunes from my desktop forever!!!!

but I have to purchase Beersmith all over again?

Surely there must be a way to discount or do something for those of us who have purchased already.

lemy, unfortunately there is no way to automatically migrate between the two mobile platforms.  You should contact Brad and see if there is anything he can/will do from the developer side.  Try using the contact form on the BeerSmith website, http://beersmith.com/contact-us/

Good luck and cheers!
Garry

Offline lionspurs

• BeerSmith New Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2016, 04:47:40 AM »
this is really inconvenient. apps are now cross platform and no need to buy again. You have to use other apps instead to move from iphone to android, such as smart switch, phone transfer, etc.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2016, 08:00:34 PM by lionspurs »

Offline Aasckerty

• BeerSmith New Brewer
  • BeerSmith 2 Rocks!
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2017, 12:37:03 AM »
You'd better try this Android Data Manager app, it not only can help you transfer data from Android to iPhone, also can transfer data to computer , in this way , you can manage and backup all data on phone/computer ,so powerful, you can have a try.
How to transfer messages from iPhone to Android
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 12:15:00 AM by Aasckerty »

modification