• Welcome to the new forum! We upgraded our forum software with a host of new boards, capabilities and features. It is also more secure.
    Jump in and join the conversation! You can learn more about the upgrade and new features here.

New Hop Product (maybe)

bonjour

Forum Moderator
Grandmaster Brewer
Reaction score
I am test brewing with a concentrated hop product called "HopShot".  This may become a product for homebrewers from Northern Brewer.
It is distributed in a 5 ml graduated syringe.  I've tricked BeerSmith into using this by creating a new "Hop" called HopShot (non-isomerized hop liquid concentrate) and have equivalence 1ml to be equal to 1 oz of hops with xx% AA.

Can you add ml's as an alternate measure for hops and still leave the conventional oz/gm for most hops.

Thanks

Fred

bonjour said:
I am test brewing with a concentrated hop product called "HopShot".  This may become a product for homebrewers from Northern Brewer.
It is distributed in a 5 ml graduated syringe.  I've tricked BeerSmith into using this by creating a new "Hop" called HopShot (non-isomerized hop liquid concentrate) and have equivalence 1ml to be equal to 1 oz of hops with xx% AA.

Can you add ml's as an alternate measure for hops and still leave the conventional oz/gm for most hops.

Thanks

Fred

Thanks Fred

I second the request.  I also am assisting in the Hop Shot test and would like to use it with Beer Smith.

make a duplicate of any hop
set the AA to 2.43%
Rename it to HopShot
1oz = 1ml

Fred

Back